Bigger Road Veterinary Center of Springboro is home to Canine Underwater Treadmill.
Hydrotherapy with the underwater treadmill can aid in weight maintenance and treatment of many acute and chronic conditions. Learn more about underwater treadmill below, and see it in action with two of our patients!
- Stronger, flexible & fully developed muscles, tendons & joints
- Increased endurance, strength, balance and coordination
- Improved cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Safe, comfortable exercise during inclement weather
- Emotional well being
- Cross-training, sports & competition enhancement
- Improved & extended quality of life
- Less stiffness & soreness
- Healthy weight
Maggie, a patient of Dr. Conan Crocker, had anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery in 2009 and 2010. The underwater treadmill has allowed Maggie to maintain strength and mobility, and control her weight through low-impact exercise.
Kylie sees Dr. Crocker for a bilateral cruciate ligament rupture. Kylie began underwater treadmill therapy in June, 2014, with the goals of improved strength and mobility. While she may need surgery in the future, Kylie’s owners have noted a marked improvement since beginning treadmill therapy.